SpeedFan is a program that monitors voltages, fan speeds and temperatures in computers with hardware monitor chips. SpeedFan can even access S.M.A.R.T. info and show hard disk temperatures.
SpeedFan supports SCSI disks too. SpeedFan can even change the FSB on some hardware (but this should be considered a bonus feature).
SpeedFan can access digital temperature sensors and can change fan speeds accordingly, thus reducing noise.
SpeedFan can find almost any hardware monitor chip connected to the 2-wire SMBus (System Management Bus (trademark belonging to SMIF, Inc.), a subset of the I2C protocol) and works fine with Windows 9x, ME, NT, 2000, 2003, XP and Windows Vista. It works with Windows 64 bit too.
SpeedFan can handle:
- almost any number of South Bridges
- almost any number of hardware monitor chips
- almost any number of hard disks
- almost any number of temperature readings
- almost any number of voltage readings
- almost any number of fan speed readings
- almost any number of PWMs
- added full IPMI support.
- added full support for IT IT8771E.
- added full support for Intel Sunrise Point (Z170) SMBus.
- added full support for STMicro STTS2004.
- added full support for NCT6793D.
- added full support for Giantec GT34TS04 and GT34TS02.
- added support for Atom E3800 SMBus.
- added support for Atom C2000 SMBus.
- added support for Fintek F71878A/F71868A at non standard addresses.
- enabled SMBus on Intel 6 Series / C20x, if needed.
- fixed SCSI_PASS_THROUGH access on some systems.
- skipped accessing those hard disks that return the ID Sector from another disk.
- fixed Nuvoton NCT6791D and NCT6792D sixth fan readings.
- added support for alternate registers of NCT6793D.
- fixed German translation for CPU Usage.