Notepad++ is a free source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL Licence.
Based on a powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
- Syntax Highlighting and Syntax Folding
- User Defined Syntax Highlighting
- Regular Expression Search/Replace supported
- Full Drag 'N' Drop supported
- Dynamic position of Views
- File Status Auto-detection
- Zoom in and zoom out
- Multi-Language environment supported
- Brace and Indent guideline Highlighting
- Macro recording and playback
Remove annoying "no update" notification.
Fix Folder as Workspace not updating regression.
Fixed crash issue by checking & unchecking "Disable extension column" option in preferences dialog.
Fixed a crash when trying to launch a secondary instance with command line arguments.
Fix "Explorer Here" from "Folder as Workspace" problem if folder name contains comma.
NppExport v0.2.8 (32-bit x86 only).
Mime Tool 2.1.
Updater (Installer only):
WinGup (for Notepad++) v5.0.2.